Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
dredged in egg, dipped in panko /fresh parmesan seasoned breading, and oven baked to a golden color, these delicious crunchy are perfect for young and old. (especially the picky eater)
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- add baking sheet lined with foil , with oil on it, to preheat for several minutes.
- cube up the chicken breasts , 1" by 1".
- crack eggs in one bowl and mix well.
- in another bowl, add panko , parmesan, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly.
- with one "wet" hand take a piece of chicken and toss it around in the egg mix.
- with same "wet" hand remove that piece and drop it in the breading.
- roll it around with your "dry" hand patting the crumb mixture onto the chicken.
- Bread all the chicken.
- Remove hot pan from oven, be careful!
- Place chicken pieces on pan evenly spaced apart.
- Put in oven, set timer for 20 minutes.
- At the 10 min mark , flip all the chicken pieces, cook 10 more minutes or until a thermometer registers 170F.
- Variation: kick it up, add 1/8 tsp cayenne to the breading mix.
- Good with real honey dill dip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION