Crockpot Sliced Cranberry Pork Roast
Very simple crockpot pork roast in a sweet gravy. When I made this roast I left out the cloves as cloves can become so strong. Also I thought I had cranberry juice but it turned out I had apple/raspberry juice so I used that instead. I didn't thicken the sauce on the stove from a time factor, so I added the cornstarch paste after 4 hours of cooking and cooked the roast for 8 hours. This came from 31 Delicious & Nutritious Crockpot Pork.
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 lbs boneless rolled pork loin roast
- 16 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt, to taste
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker.
- Mash cranberry sauce; stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves in a bowl. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
- Skim fat from juices, measure 2 cups, adding water if necessary, and pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine the cornstarch and cold water to make a paste; stir into gravy. Cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt.
- Serve with sliced pork.