Crockot Chicken-Saffron Rice Soup
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 30mins
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, boneless, skinless & cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet red pepper, bottled, drained and cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (15 ounce) package saffron flavored yellow rice mix
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place chicken in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, artichoke hearts, chopped onions, sweet red pepper strips, and minced garlic. Cover and cook on LO heat 4 to 5 hours or HI heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Turn crockpot to HI heat and stir in frozen peas. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer. Meanwhile prepare the rice mix according to package directions.
- To serve: Divide chicken mixture among bowls. Mound cooked rice in center. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!