Crock Pot Yogurt
- Ready In:
- 13hrs 40mins
- Pour the milk into the crock pot and turn it on low. Let sit 2.5 hours.
- Unplug crock pot, leave lid on. Let sit for 3 hours.
- Ladle out a bit of the milk and stir it in with the yogurt starter. This yogurt MUST have live cultures. I used nonfat, plain Greek yogurt.
- Mix in pudding mix.
- Return the mixture to the crock pot and the rest of the milk; stir. Put lid back on and cover with a heavy bath towel or blanket (pot still unplugged). This is its insulator. Leave it like this at least 8 hours.
- The longer it sits, the tart-er it gets. I like mine nice and tart.
- It will be thin. If you want it thicker, place coffee filters in a colander and drain off whey. You can save the whey for cooking, as it is very healthy!
- You can use 2 tbs fat free dry milk or 1 packet plain gelatin in place of pudding mix. I just happened to have pudding mix on hand.
- Mix some jam, fresh fruit, etc. into it when you serve. If you don't use vanilla pudding mix, it could also be a great base for dips or sauces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was SUPER EASY and turned out GREAT!!! This was my first attempt at making homemade yogurt. I wanted more than just plain yogurt and the addition of the sugar free pudding to make vanilla pudding was perfect and added a bit of thickening quality. YUM YUM YUM ... I will make this again and again. Thank you Ms Teechur for an awesome simple recipe!