Crock Pot Turkey Joes
photo by lauralie41
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Brown turkey with onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot; mix well.
- Add turkey mixture and 1 cup water; stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm giving this dish three stars because although it was good, in my opinion it can be improved upon. After mixing the ingredients in the crockpot, I found it to be rather bland. I ended up adding more salt, chili powder and paprika, and to increase the flavor I also added garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Next time I will add more tomato paste also because it was a little on the runny side. But altogether, not a bad dish and an easy idea for dinner.