Crock Pot Lemonade Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is so yummy. We had used lemonade as a marinade for chicken and it was wonderful...tried it in the crock pot and amazing! The gravy is fantastic
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 4 -6 pieces chicken (breasts and legs)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Arrange chicken pieces in crock pot.
- Combine lemonade, brown sugar, vinegar, and ketchup and mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot, cover to keep hot.
- Transfer liquid to saucepan.
- Skim fat; combine cornstarch and cold water and add slowly to liquid, while stirring over low heat.
- When thickened, serve with chicken over hot rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Been using this recipe for 15 years. Different brands of lemonade can alter the taste from just right, too sweet, too fake lemon, or too bland. As soon as I changed the recipe from plain Lemonade to Raspberry Lemonade, that is all people request now!<br/><br/>Not only do we serve this over plain rice, but we also put it on a hamburger bun for a completely different experience.Reply
We tried this tonight, and interestingly enough, we found the sauce to be bland, and if anything too vinegary. I tasted the sauce before putting it in the pot with the chicken and decided to add a 1/2 t ginger and 1/4 t pepper, and it still wasn't flavorful enough for our taste. I'll use the chicken in some leftovers tomorrow. I'll be sure to check out some of your other recipes which I'm sure are wonderful!Reply
see 5 more