Crispy Southern Fried Chicken
photo by Air Force Mama
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and add the chicken to coat.
- In another large bowl with a lid, mix together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, pepper and accent seasoning.
- Preheat oil to 375°F I would recommend using a thermometer to monitor the temperature - temperature is important. A clip-on candy/deep-fry thermometer should be kept in the pot at all times, so that you can monitor the temperature accurately.
- Add the chicken to the flour mixture and place the lid on the bowl. Shake the bowl vigorously to coat the chicken.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before frying. You can preheat your oil at this time.
- When the oil has reached 375° F carefully add the chicken to the oil. Try not to overcrowd, the temperature of the oil will drop but you don't want it to drop below 300°F Keep it at 300° F to 325° F while the chicken fries.
- Fry chicken for 8-12 minutes each side, turning the chicken over half way through (ensure chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165° F when using an instant read thermometer).
- Drain the chicken on paper towels. You can place in a 170° F oven to keep the chicken warm if you have more chicken to fry.
- When frying more chicken let the oil get back up to 375° F again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!