Crispy Potato Skins - Low Carb
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From "Low-Carbing Among Friends". Author says 1 serving has 6 g net carbs. She also suggests using the peeled potatoes to make scalloped potato casserole or mashed potatoes for family/friends not on a low-carb diet.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs potatoes (approximately 13 oz potato skins)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Peel potato skins in thin strips. Set peel aside.
- In large bowl, combgine olive oil, seasoning salt and paprika.
- Add potato skins & toss in seasoned oil to coat well.
- Lay out in single layer on cookie sheets.
- Bake in 425 F oven 15 - 30 minutes, checking every 5 minutes after 15 minutes have elapsed to remove crisp, golden potato skins.
- Once all skins are baked, lay them out once again on cookie sheets and sprinkle with green onion & Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION