Creole Hollandaise Sauce
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour stock or hot water in slowly, stirring to blend smooth.
- Add lemon juice, chili powder, mayo, white pepper, and salt.
- Whip with a whisk and add egg yolk.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- If thinner mixture is desired, use vinegar to cut consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom with a 3 year old son, and a student studying for my bachelors in environmental science.</p> <p>I learned how to cook from watching my Grandmother Dee growing up, as well as watching culinary shows after school. My first 'real' culinary try, was creme brulee at age 14, which tasted good but alot like flan.</p> <p>I have alot of my Grandmothers old cookbooks, including a Betty Crocker Recipe Box filled with recipe cards from the 1960's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE vintage cookbooks!</p> <p>Food is definitely a pleasure for me, and I love to change others opinions on eating. I also encourage others to try new things! My passions are science, music, and art--as well as any DIY project!</p>