Creole Hollandaise Sauce
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- white pepper, to taste
- Beat yolks in the top of a double boiler.
- Add butter by the tablespoon & whisk in completely before adding the next tablespoon. Keep whisking.
- Add remaining ingredients. Whisk more. Serve warm.
- Good on eggs benedict, crab cakes, in a bowl -- .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum, yum, yummy!!! I love to make my own version of Eggs Benedict, and this made that version even better!! I made 1/3 of the recipe and there was plenty for one serving, so I think the full recipe would serve 3 full orders of eggs benedict. Other then scaling it back, the only other change I made was to cut back on the hot sauce, I am a wimp when it comes to heat. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.