Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on what you like)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (Canned Chicken also works very well)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 12 ounces sour cream
- Drain and Rinse Beans.
- Mix all ingredients, except Sour Cream, in a large stew pot or a crock pot if you prefer.
- Simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream just before serving!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The end flavor was pretty good, but there is just no way that 2 cups of broth/liquid works with this recipe. I wound up using 4 cups of broth just to cover the beans/chicken, and then after it'd cooked down awhile, I added a half-cup of water, a cup of FF half & half, and the sour cream. After adding enough liquid to cover the ingredients, I'd say it serves 10 or so? I double the cumin and also added a dash of chili powder. We topped with shredded cheddar.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an Idahoan, born and raised in Utah, currently living in Texas for my husband to attend medical school. I am the mother of an adorable little boy who keeps busy and playful! Since getting married, cooking has become one of my favorite hobbies, which works out wonderfully considering my husband's favorite hobby is eating. Recipezaar keeps him thinking that I am "the best cook in the world"! Thanks zaar!