Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- In a medium sized skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Then saute' garlic and onion, making sure it doesn't burn.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid ),tomato paste,basil,oregano,sugar,salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil,then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat, add heavy cream and butter.
- Return to heat,and stir until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)