Creamy Sprouts and Noodles
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, quartered
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Place brussels sprouts and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 2 tbsp. butter until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and caraway.
- Drain sprouts; add to onion mixture with noodles.
- Spread into a greased dish.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!