Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Risotto
photo by Zatarains
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Yellow Rice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Stir in water and Rice Mix. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cream and cheese; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Stir in spinach. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Nutrition information (Amount per serving): Calories: 417, Cholesterol: 69mg, Sodium: 1075mg, Protein: 9g, Total Fat: 21g, Fiber: 2g, Carbohydrate: 48g.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!