Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
This is what I grew up with. Its not baked, just done on the stove top. Me and the kids love it.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups whole milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cubed monterey jack cheese
- chili powder (optional)
- garlic salt (optional)
- chopped fresh onion (optional)
- Mix cornsartch with a little of the milk till desolved.
- In Large saucepan or dutch oven, add remaining milk, and cornstarch mixture and mustard.
- Stir and cook over med heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in cooked macaroni noodles.
- Stir in cubed monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle individual servings with chili powder and garlic salt.
- Top with fresh chopped onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION