Creamed Corn Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cups creamed corn
- Preheat the dutch oven in the fire pit by placing embers around and on top. If using an oven preheat to 425 degrees. Butter an 8x8 or 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine the dry ingredents and stir with a fork to airate. Set the bowl aside.
- Whisk together the milk, sour cream, egg, melted butter and syrup. Stir in the corn
- Fold the wet ingredents into the dry until well combined. Do not try to get out all the lumps, you will make the dough tough.
- Turn into the prepared pan and place into the dutch oven. If you are using a home oven place on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Carefully add embers around and on top of the oven and bake at least 30 minutes.
- Take the oven from the fire pit and check for doneness with a straw or toothpick. Be careful not to get embers inside when you lift lid.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work in Emergency Services for a national non-profit. Half my life is on the road, and so cooking is something I do as a hobby. Besides travel and cooking I like to watch old movies, news and the weather.