Creamed Chicken With Gnocchi Dumplings - Rachael Ray
photo by Eyemadreamer
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook gnocchi according to directions, set aside.
- Melt 2 TB butter in a large deep skillet. Stir in the onion, red bell pepper, and stir-cook until softened. Add in the chicken, cook until cooked-through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Melt 2 TB butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in flour. Continue to stir for about two minutes or so. Add in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Lower heat & let it simmer until thickened.
- Pour sauce into chicken mixture and add in the gnocchi. stir until all is blended well and simmering.
- Season with salt & pepper and throw in the green onions on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi! I'm jamie, 30 years old, divorced a couple years now. Before i got married, I had no clue how to cook other than simple top ramens or pasta ronis. Although, the women in my family (mom, aunt, grandma, great grandma, etc) were amazing cooks. One of the wedding gifts I recieved was an handwritten cookbook from my grandmother who collected all the family recipes from over the years, it is so treasured to me. I began my journey in cooking though that cookbook, and now i consider myself a pretty good cook ;p at least i've been told so!! :) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br />Hope you will give some of my recipes a try! And if you do, please leave a review... i love to hear what people think of the dishes, good and bad. I truly enjoy cooking and am always looking for ways to make my dishes yummier and irrestible!</p>