Cream of Potato Soup Bread
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Combine the yeast and 2 1/2 Cups of the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat together the water, butter, sugar and salt in a medium sized sauce pan over medium high heat until just warm, stirring occasionally to melt the butter.
- Add to dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add potato soup and beat at low speed for 3o seconds, or until blended. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- By hand, stir in the rest of the flour to make a moderately stiff dough. Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 to 6 minutes. Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until double, about 50 to 60 minutes. Punch down, cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two loaves and place in two greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned and loaves sound hollow when tapped.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on racks. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter over tops.
- Let cool completely.
- 2 loaves.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!