Cream of Crap Soup Extraordinary
This is a tribute to Mean Chef. This soup is originally titled California Cream Soup from a Betty Crocker book in the 60's. It is surprisingly light and fresh tasting, attractive, and quite good, actually.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup light cream (20%)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive (sliced, pitted, and use a combo of green and black)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- Combine soups, milk, cream, salt and pepper;heat to simmering over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in avocado, olives, and pimiento; heat through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The chef is correct--give this a try as it may surprise you! :) The cream gives it a nice texture, and the ingredients make an attractive and tasty combo. It is very quick to put together, which would make it a nice dish to keep in mind for unexpected company--I doubt they would guess it all started with Campbell's. :) The only change I would make next time is possibly using a bit less milk, but that is just personal preference as we like our soups a little thick. Thanks for posting this creative little recipe! ;)Reply