Cream Cheese Butter Pecan Cookies
photo by SPumpFan
- Ready In:
60-70 About 5 Dozen
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces toffee pieces, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream the brown sugar, butter, cream cheese, rum extract vanilla extract and egg yolk.
- Using a large spatula or spoon, Stir the pecan and toffee pieces into your mixture.
- Using your spoon or spatula, fold your flour and salt into the mixture, a little bit at a time. Thoroughly blend in each addition, before adding more.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. (I let mine sit overnight).
- Preheat your oven (use convection bake if you have it) to 375 degrees F.
- Use light colored baking sheets and lightly grease them. Use a teaspoon to dig out your dough, using more if you like larger cookies, and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten each ball with your palms.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until light golden brown. (The cookies will cook a bit more once they are out of the oven.).
- Let your cookies cool ON THE BAKING SHEET before moving them to your racks. My rule of thumb was when I could pick up the baking sheet and it may have been slightly warm, but I definitely didn't need to worry about oven mitts. This includes the bottom center of the sheet.
- Storage: To keep your cookies soft, place a piece of bread in the bottom of an airtight container and pile the cookies on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!