Easy, Creamy, No-Bake Chocolate Pie!
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe on the inside of a box of cream cheese. It was so simple to make and tasted just wonderful. (I was actually surprised how richand creamy it was!) Cook time is actually chilling time
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 4 ounces sweet dark chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 9 inch pie shell, pre-baked (or ready made graham cracker crust, your choice)
- Melt chocolate and 2 Tbsp.
- of the milk in double boiler over low heat (or in microwave) until chocolate is almost melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat melted chocolate, cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk with mixer until well blended.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes to cool.
- Gently stir in whipped topping until smooth.
- Spoon into crust.
- Place pie in freezer at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Pie can be garnished with additional whipped topping and chocolate curls, but it tastes terrific plain too.
- Let it stand at room temperature or in refrigerator about 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily.
- Store leftover pie in freezer.
- (Note, I had my pie in the fridge all day Easter and it was fine).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was awesome! Very simple to make. For the chocolate I used a Special Dark Hershey Bar and also a graham cracker crust. We were too impatient to let it thaw too long and eating it still frozen was like eating a chocolate ice cream pie! The man really liked this too and said the recipe is definately a keeper. Thanks Becky!1Reply
A wonderful and very easy summer desert. I made this for Father's Day, knowing that the predicted high for the day (in Phoenix) was 110°F. I love pie crust so I baked a "ready to put in a dish (Pillsbury) prepared dough" in the morning. I used 70% dark semi-sweet(my preference)Belgium chocolate(very inexpensive if you order it- or have a local Trader Joe's). I followed the well written directions and DH is planning on having more for breakfast, unless he should "happen" to wake up during the night. In addition, you can make this pie and freeze it in advance. My rating system, 4 stars = very good, needs no changes and will make again.2Reply