photo by CoolMonday
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shrimp stock
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 large potato, diced and cooked
- 1 lb crawfish tail, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb shrimp, cooked and shelled (optional)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- fresh parsley
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan; drain on paper towels and crumble when cooled slightly.
- Put the bacon grease in a dutch oven.
- Add in the butter, onions, celery and green onion; saute until soft.
- Add the shrimp stock, corn and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add in the crawfish (and shrimp is using).
- Simmer until heated through.
- Add in the whipping cream and seasonings.
- Simmer about 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- Just before you get ready to serve, add in the butter, cayenne and parsley.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle each serving with the crumbled bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
S'wonderful, S'marvelous.... I was looking for a recipe to use some of my shrimp stock, and was so happy to find this one. I had never put corn in my chowder before. It is now my favorite chowder. I sauted the bacon then put the veggies in and sauted all together, and left the bacon in the soup. Also added a few fresh sliced mushroom with the veggies. I couldn't find crawfish, so used 2 pounds of shrimp, and a couple of pieces of orange roughy. The outcome was outstanding. I made my own creole seasoning from a recipe here on Zaar. Thanks for the recipe.