Cranberry Streusel Cake
I love that this is made with fresh cranberries and just enough sugar to balance the cranberries. It is better when it is a day old. I got this off of the Angelo Caputo Markets website.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, well softened at room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- Heat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9X9 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt until blended.
- With a mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Then alternately fold in flour mixture and the yogurt into the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Then fold in the 1/2 cup of cranberries.
- Scape batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
STREUSEL TOPPING DIRECTIONS:
- While the cake is baking, mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cold butter together with a fork and form small crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts and cranberries.
- After the cake has baked for 40 minutes, sprinkle with the topping.
- Continue baking for about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION