Cranberry-Orange Friendship Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups amish starter (see recipezaar.com/321840)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 oil & 1/2 applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (large size)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325’.
- To the remaining batter add eggs, baking powder, oil, baking soda, orange juice, vanilla, 1 cup sugar, flour, salt, vanilla instant pudding, 2 tsp cinnamon, orange zest, and cranberries. (Make sure the cranberries are mixed in well so they don't end up sitting on the bottom).
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and pudding) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!