Cranberry Congealed Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Not just for holidays. Chill time not included.
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces cherry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned, chopped and drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In large bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water; stir until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes).
- Add cranberry sauce, stirring until blended.
- Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold in orange, apple and pecans.
- Spoon into 6 lightly oiled custard cups or mold.
- Cover and chill until firm.
- Unmold onto lettuce leaves.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Serve along side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well, I followed this recipe more or less, but once I folded in the fruits & nuts, it let it set until somewhat firm, AND THEN I broke it up a bit & folded in the sour cream-&-mayo mixture rather than serving it on the side! Once it was all firmed up again, I thought it was great! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #37]Reply