Crab & Corn Chowder
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious comfort food bisque chowder that is filling and unbelievably yummy!!! One of my top 5 favorite recipes. I learned this from a cooking school.
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 lb crabmeat, chopped
- 3 cups corn
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 lb red potatoes, scrubbed & cut into 1/2 inch diced cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced plus more for garnish
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- In a large saucepan or medium pot, cook pancetta over moderately low heat until crisp. (10 minutes).
- Add onion and celery to pan. Cook over low heat until softened. (12 minutes, do step #3 while you wait).
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree 1 cup corn with 1 cup milk.
- Add corn puree to saucepan along with remaining 2 cups each of corn & milk and the potatoes. Simmer on low heat until potatoes are tender. (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in cream, chives, and crab meat. Season with salt, pepper, & Tabasco and keep warm.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with scallops & chives and serve!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION