Country Apple Coffee Cake
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Spread 1 cup of the apples in pan.
- Separate the biscuits.
- Cut each one into 4 pieces.
- Arrange point side up over apples.
- Top with remaining apples.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, whiskey, and egg.
- Beat well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until brown.
- Prepare glaze and drizzle over coffee cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had a roll of biscuits that was one day past it's expiration date so I needed to use it up. I found this recipe just browsing biscuit recipes and I'm really glad I found it. My family really enjoyed this coffee cake. It reminded me more of a cobbler though! Really easy to make and remember for a quick sweet for company etc. My teen daughters will enjoy making this as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe!