Cotton Candy Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tarter, & extract until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually, beating to stiff peaks.
- Cover cookie sheets with plain brown paper (from a brown paper bag) or parchment paper.
- Drop cookie mixture from teaspoon onto paper.
- Bake in slow oven (325 degrees) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly on paper (will stick to paper if tried to remove while still hot).
- Cool on wire rack until completely cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Go Boppie!!! These are a winner all the way! My 5yr old daughter LOVES these meringues. She's walking around the kitchen going "Mmmm, mmmm" I had a small taste and it is taking every bit of self-control I have not to go in there and inhale these little gems. I used raspberry icing flavoring powder (1 tsp) which is red so these came out pink and they really do sort of taste like cotton candy. Mine started to brown by 13 minutes so I reduced my oven temp to 225 and baked them another hour and they were perfect. Dry and crispy on the outside and sort of soft and chewy in the center. I ended up with 22. I've never made meringues before and was surprised at how they puffed up. I've added this to my collection of all-time favorites. We'll be making these often! I can't wait to try other flavors.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm from Kansas (NO I do not have an Auntie Em, ruby slippers, or a dog named Toto!). Love the outdoors, taking photos, watching my sons in their sports. I have 2 favorite cookbooks: one my Mom wrote for all her kids that has all the food she made for us kids; & a Italian cookbook put out as a fundraiser locally.