Cottage Pie (United Kingdom)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- Heat butter in 9-inch skillet. Add onion and cook until slightly browned, stirring.
- Add ground beef, salt, ground pepper and savory and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in gravy and heat until bubbling.
- Spoon into buttered 8-cup flat casserole dish. Top meat mixture with mashed potatoes. Dot with butter pieces.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. .
- From Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room in the United Kingdom Pavilion of the World Showcase in Epcot theme park.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This had a very tasty flavor, which my husband and I quite enjoyed. I think my daughter would enjoy this as well, so I may make it for her sometime, when she craves simple, filling, comfort foods. And while I wouldn't go so far as to say the mashed potatoes were proportionately heavy in regard to the meat, I think there is plenty of room in the pie for something extra. Perhaps sauteed mushrooms? Bill and I both would quite enjoy this with a pint of stout, and while he can partake, I will have to wait to be off some medicines, and I feel a bit wistful about that, so I do believe stout is the perfect match. Made for ZWT6. Thanks for sharing!