Copycat Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Recipe
photo by djcummings
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon Clear Jel, for thicken (cook type)
- Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add water, and mix until smooth.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add the vanilla.
- My Note: djcummings review tell it like it is, and dijcmmings * TIP" is right if it is grainy, just boil it for a bit longer. THANK YOU! dicummings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I normally don't review things, but today I needed to make more syrup, and lost this recipe, so I came to get it, and saw this review. I am disappointed in the review of one person. If yours was grainy, this is a sugar product, please give it another shot, just boil it for a bit longer, the sugar needs to melt! <br/><br/>Now for my review, I have been making this for the better part of 2 years now, this EXCAT recipe! It is AWESOME! My kids have no idea I even make it! I simply saved an old Hershey;s bottle and refill it when I make new! I wish I could find a way to seal it so it keeps, but I just dare not for fear of wasting the coco, I do not like to waste! But as I said, if grainy please give it another chance and boil it longer. The sugar NEEDS to melt. To know when it is done, simply taste a swipe off the spoon to see if its smooth and rub some between finger and thumb, no grains, its done! <br/><br/>hope this helps!