Cole Slaw - Picnic Safe
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is safer to sit out at a picnic or pot luck as there is no mayonnaise in it. If that is not a concern and you prefer the mayo flavor, feel free to substitute some or all of the yogurt with mayo.
- Ready In:
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 2 lbs per head)
- 1 onion, shredded (Red is great, Vidalia is wonderful or yellow is good)
- 3 large carrots, shredded finer than cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional, can just add more yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- kosher salt
- pepper, coarsely ground to taste
- Put cabbage, onion and carrot in a bowl and toss.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the veggies and mix well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION