Cointreau and Chocolate Mousse
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You could finish your meal with coffee, but wouldn't you prefer those coffee cups brimming with chocolate mousse? prep time doesn't include 4 hours chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 300 g quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) Stir until chocolate melts & is smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form.
- Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined.
- Add the chocolate and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the oil and Cointreau, beating until well combined.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into serving cups, cover & place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION