Coconut Cream Oatmeal
Warm up your cold winter morning with a tropical taste.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Toast coconut in a pan on top of the stove for a few seconds.
- Bring water and salt to a boil and add oats, cooking for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed skim milk, extract and coconut stir until well blended.
- Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Oatmeal will thicken as it sits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was even terrific on a hot and humid tropical summer morning. I love all your stove-top oatmeals with the fat-free sweetened condensed milk. They're 1000x better than plain microwaved oatmeal. My grocery store didn't have coconut extract but I found it at the Asian market. Tip: I store the rest of the condensed milk in a plastic container in the fridge for another morning!Reply