Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup milk (I prefer vanilla soymilk) or 1 cup soymilk (I prefer vanilla soymilk)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
- 1⁄2 banana (optional)
- sugar or artificial sweetener, if desired
- Add milk to oats in a deep bowl and microwave 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage and desired thickness. Watch carefully so it doesn't spill over the sides!
- While oatmeal is cooking, wash and slice strawberries. Soft strawberries work well, so you may want to mash them a little bit, but that is up to you.
- When cereal is done, stir strawberries and sliced banana (if using) into oatmeal. If desired, add a little sugar or splenda.
- NOTE: It is also good with a little vanilla extract if you are using plain milk, just to give it some flavor. ALSO, You may need to re-heat oatmeal a little before eating if your strawberries cool it down too much.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and baking for my very picky husband. </p>