photo by kiwidutch
- Ready In:
- 1hr 4mins
- Line a cookie sheet/ baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa together and add the small pieces of butter and using clean fingers ( or a pastry cutter) rub it completely into the flour/cocoa mixture so that looks like fine crumbs.
- Then add the sugar and milk and stir together with a fork so that it begins to form a dough. use clean hands to make your dough into a ball.
- Wrap your dough in cling film/ plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove your dough from the fridge and sprinkle a little flour onto your clean working surface. Roll out your dough until it is about 1/4 inch ( 5 mm) thick, then use your jar lid or cookie cutter to make circles, which you can then place on your cooking sheet / tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then leave them on the tray for another 5 minutes so that they will be firm up enough to remove, after this carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely before adding the glaze/ icing.
- Now draw a spiral of icing onto each cookie and while it is still wet, drag a cocktail stick out from the centre of the cookie to the outside ed"ge to make a spider's web effect.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!