Clear Clam Sauce and Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, crushed (to taste)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 (6 ounce) cans clams
- 1⁄2 cup hot pasta water
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
- toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Start cooking pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking put olive oil, crushed garlic and red pepper in sauce pan and cook on med-low until garlic just starts to turn golden.
- Then add the italian seasoning and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add clams and their juice and 1/2 cup boiling pasta water from the pasta pot and simmer for 1 minute then take it off the heat.
- Drain pasta and put it back it the pot you cooked it in and pour clam sauce over the top.
- Put back on low heat and let simmer for a minute.
- Plate up and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
- Great with parmesan roasted tomato slices and crusty french bread!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the apple capital of the world. It's beautiful and we have four fabulous seasons. I love to cook and have been since I was 5. I am a fan of the Southern Living Cookbooks. I am a substitute teacher and enjoy spending time with kids eventhough I have none of my own yet. I think my new passion is spending time on this web-site. I love it, the recipes, and the people who contribute to it!