Clam Chowder for two
- Ready In:
- 1 slice bacon, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) can clams or (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, including the liquor
- 1⁄2 lb potato
- 1⁄4 chopped scallion top
- In a heavy saucepan cook the bacon, the onion, and the celery in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until the celery is softened add the milk, the clams with the liquor, and the potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and simmer the chowder, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Stir in the scallion greens and salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!