Cinnamon Quick Coffee Cake
photo by joanne_mcmahan
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and sugar an 8" round pan or a 8" or 9" square pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together using a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
- In a small bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mixture, alternating them. Mix well.
- Combine all the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl and stir until blended. By hand, stir half of the streusel topping into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the pan, smooth the top of the dough and sprinkle on the remaining streusel topping. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Usually I make a recipe exactly as written, at least the first time. Today I was extremely distracted by a needy 4 year old and ended up putting in extra butter and extra flour. I substitured walnuts for pecans because someone ate all the pecans and didn't put them on the shopping list. (Who, me?) I also doubled the streusel because you can never have too much of a good thing. <br/><br/>That being said, with all my goofs, this STILL came out excellent! This will be my go-to recipe for Sunday coffee cake from now on. Thanks for sharing!
This cake is wonderful! The cinnamon scent and flavor is spot on perfect. I loved the addition of the pecans and only skipped on the raisins in the topping as it is something we just don't love. I used a 9x9" pan and it took 42 minutes to bake through. The cake was moist and the ribbons of cinnamon throughout made it so enjoyable with the morning coffee (and my afternoon coffee as a mid-day treat). So glad I found this during ZWT7.
This is so good! I love that the cinnamon is in the cake as well as the topping and love the addition of the pecans to the streusel! The scent of cinnamon wafting through the house as it was baking couldn't be done fast enough! *lol* I used a 9" square pan and it took the full 40 minutes to bake. Will definitely enjoy this again, thank you for sharing! Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 08'
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Busy professional, love to cook but have very little time. Married 32 years, no kids, but 3 cats who are my furry children. Very creative, hobbies include sewing, beadwork, knitting, crocheting, all types of handwork. Loved the old 'Zaar and had found lots of favorite recipes...