Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake
photo by Slocan cook
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x 13 inch rectangular baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and set aside (last 3 ingredients).
- In another bowl, cram oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add yogurt and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of combined topping ingredients over batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter in pan, followed b remaining topping mixture.
- Bake in over for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and bake, that is why I joined this site, which by the way it is very useful. I really like the fact that most recipes contained nutrition facts. I am a registered dietitian thus I take very seriously what I eat and put into my family's mouth. Most of the recipes I try I alter to make them more nutritious and healthy which they end up tasting still just great. This summer I have had more time to try some recipes from the site and hopefully soon I will be able to post some of my own, so stay tune.