Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette or Marinade
photo by jrusk
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Serve atop greens, avocado, tomato and shrimp for a fabulous salad or use as a marinade with chicken, flank steak, fish or shrimp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used this as chicken marinade for grilled soft tacos...squeezed extra lime on top...I was asked to use this again. MY favorite is as salad dressing. I've made this 3 times and tweeked to my tastes by adding extra lime, water, rice wine vinegar and cilantro. I drop in one glove of garlic and use my immersion blender. Awesome and beautiful dressing. Thanks so much for posting this.
This is my favorite chicken marinade! It's like magic... it makes the chicken so juicy and flavorful. Oddly enough, the chicken does not have a strong lime or cilantro taste... it just tastes delicious. I have not used this as a salad dressing before, only as a marinade. I like to double or triple the recipe and then freeze it into about 8 smaller portions. Then I can quickly thaw one portion to marinate a couple of chicken breasts.