photo by heather_werner
- Ready In:
- 3 cups carrots, sliced 1/2 inch (6 med)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced 1/8 inch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In 2-qt saucepan place carrots; add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a full boil.
- Cook over medium heat until carrots are crisply tender (8-12 minutes).
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These carrots were pretty good. Let's be honest, bacon makes any dish taste good. This would be good on a camp out cooked in a dutch oven, maybe with some potatoes. There was a little too much butter in there for me, so next time I will just add half the butter it calls for, but it was a good recipe. I liked it.
Absolutely fabulous and very attractive! I used a bag of baby carrots with great results. Will definitely make these again. Loved the bacon. Not overly sweet but the sweet/salty combination is addictive. I stood and picked so many of these carrots out of the pot that I couldn't eat our main dish tonight!:) Would be great for the holidays. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2007.
see 6 more reviews