Christmas Thumb Print Cookies
photo by aiken.tammy17
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 3⁄4 cups white chocolate chips, reserve 2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves, 1 tsp in the middle of each cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese. Add eggs and baking soda, then add the flour 1/2 cup at a time until incorporated.
- Add 3/4 cup white morsels to the batter and mix.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Make dough balls about the size of a walnut, then press your thumb in the middle of each cookie and fill the indent with 1 teaspoon of strawberry preserves.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, then remove cookies to cooling racks.
- Melt 2 cups of the white morsels over a double boiler and melt until you have a smooth consistency. With a fork drizzle over cookies, back and fourth before they cool off. Eat warm or cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!