- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted, plus more
- chopped pecans, for garnishing if desired (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 3 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 - 5 cups milk
- Mix together flour, butter and pecans until well combined; press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread over crust and chill for about 1 hour.
- Mix the pudding mixes and milk; beat until thick. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with another layer of Cool Whip, and pecans if desired. Keep covered in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this for years at Christmas, I do it a little different. I always double the recipe or there is never enough. When adding the milk I use half whole milk and half evaporated milk. I also had a bit of a problem with the pecan's for the first time. My daughter's fiance is allergic to them At first I thought of using a graham cracker crust, but that just didn't seem appealing. So I replaced the pecans with walnuts. Just make sure they are chopped well. Everyone liked it just as well. Also I have always used fat free pudding, cream cheese, and the whipped topping. No one has ever been able to tell any difference.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am in my late 20s and live in Oklahoma. I am married with no children yet (apart from DH!). I'm fluent in Spanish, and would love to learn more languages. I enjoy cooking, but baking is more my forte.