MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from a newspaper clipping. This dessert goes well with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. If souffle falls, you can still serve it; it will be still delicious, just more dense.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or 3 tablespoons very strong coffee
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 2 quart souffle dish or 6 8 ounce ramekins. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup sugar. Combine espresso and chocolate in a small bowl and microwave about a minute; stir to combine and melt chocolate. Whisk egg yolks into chocolate.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Stir about 1 cup of the egg whites into chocolate, then fold remaining egg whites into chocolate.
- Spoon into prepared dish(es) so they are about 3/4 full. Bake 30 to 40 minutes for large souffle; 20 to 25 minutes for individuals. Once souffle has risen, remove from oven and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION