- Ready In:
8 Chocolate Pates
- 227 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 4 fresh green figs, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh raspberries
- Line 5-3/4-x 3-1/4-inch (625 mL) loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In saucepan, melt together chocolate, butter and sugar over medium-low heat until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks, one at a time; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until thickened and glossy. Transfer to large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
- In separate bowl, whip cream; fold one-quarter into chocolate. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or until firm. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.) To unmould, gently pull on plastic wrap to loosen top edge of pate from pan; unmould onto cutting board. Cut into 8 slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!