This chocolaty milkshake looks so fancy but is super easy to make. It's sure to impress all your friends and is perfect for any chocolate lover. You may use either chocolate syrup or powdered drinking chocolate in this recipe and for a richer milkshake use chocolate ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 500 ml milk
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup (or you can use powdered drinking chocolate)
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream (approx 4 large scoops)
CHOCOLATE SWIRL (to decorate glass)
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 scoops ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Put all the milkshake ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- For the chocolate swirl melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe container stirring after every minute until smooth.
- Stir the milk into the melted chocolate and microwave for about another 30 seconds and then stir again until smooth.
- To decorate the serving glass, place a tablespoon of the chocolate swirl sauce on the inside rim of a tall glass and then allow it to move down the inside of the glass, spinning the glass to create a swirl effect. Repeat with remaining sauce for both glasses.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses and place a scoop of ice cream on top of each one. ENJOY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Definitely like the presentation that goes with this shake, but I made it primarily to get a choc-fix! Made it with some homemade chocolate syrup that I had on hand, & subed some frozen vanilla yogurt for the ice cream ~ still a very nice shake! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]Reply