Chocolate Mesquite Cookies
photo by Canadagoose
- Ready In:
- 1 cup spelt flour or 1 cup kamut flour
- 1⁄4 cup mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate, good quality chopped fine (or small chocolate chips)
- Cream together butter and sugars, beat in egg, vanilla and honey. Combine dry ingredients and gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chopped chocolate. Drop by tablespoonsful onto cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone sheet (allow plenty of room for them to spread). Bake at 375 degrees Farenheit (350 degrees in convection oven). Bake approximately 10 minutes, depending on size and oven (see above comments).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!