From the pages of TOH created in their test kitchen and so easy to make! I suggest making a double batch as they disappear quickly!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shortening
- In small mixing bowl cream butter and confectioners sugar. Beat in vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in balls.
- Place 2- in apart on ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly with glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- For drizzle, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening, stir until smooth. Remove from heat and drizzle over cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation