Chocolate Covered Mints
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 50mins
8 dozen small patties
- In a bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, butter, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract.
- Add evaporated milk and mix well.
- Drop 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon into small bowl of confectioners sugar.
- Dust fingers with the sugar for easier rolling.
- Roll into small balls and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Flatten with a glass to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips.
- Dip patties and place on a waxed paper to harden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are delicious and fun to make!!! Lovely flavor of an after- dinner butter mint with chocolate!! I dipped a few patties in the chocolate and then I decided to get my pastry-decorating tips out and apply the chocolate that way. It was fun to decorate them and a lot easier too. I used ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips and mint extract (spearmint and peppermint blend) by McCormick. The mints are soft in texture like a York Peppermint Patty. If a York Peppermint Patty and an After Dinner butter mint had a baby, it would taste like these!!!! Love this recipe, thanks for posting!
Great, delicate chocolate mints. Like Chef Lee, I used the McCormick mint extract. Also, after dipping just one in the warm chocolate coating, it was obvious they would melt before they were coated. So I simply got a spoon and dipped one side in the coating and spread it on the flattened, chilled balls. Then chilled again, turned and coated the other side. Easy and delicious little treats. Thanks for sharing, Sweetiebarbara.