Chocolate Cornflake Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 125 g softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sifted self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup sultana
- 2 cups roughly crushed corn flakes
- 375 g milk chocolate melts, melted
- 125 g white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 180dg Celsius Lightly grease and line 2 baking trays.
- Using a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix well. Stir in flour and add sultanas and cornflakes.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, swapping the trays after 10 minutes, or until the cookies are a light golden colour. Stand for 10 minutes on the trays.
- Transfer to wire rack until cooled completely.
- Stand wire rack over a sheet of baking paper. Dip one side of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place cookies back onto rack (chocolate side up) and set aside for 30 minutes to set.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the cookies, and allow them to set before serving.
Join The Conversation